Election Day 2012 - A day that will go down in American history as numerous wins secured continued support for equality!
- Tammy Baldwin (D) becomes first out gay/lesbian elected to the U.S. Senate.
- Maine voters stand for fairness by passing marriage equality.
- Maryland voters stand for fairness by passing marriage equality.
- Washington voters stand for fairness by passing marriage equality.
- Minnesota voters reject writing discrimination/hate into state's constitution.
- Openly gay New York Congressional candidate Sean Maloney (D) beats incumbent Nan Hayworth (R) for the 18th district.
- Mark Takano (D) becomes the first openly gay Asian elected to Congress.
- David Wiggins, judge who sided with Iowa marriage equality wins reelection.
- Openly gay Colorado congressman Jared Polis (D) wins reelection.
- Openly gay Rhode Island Congressman David Cicilline wins reelection.
- Openly gay Wisconsin Congressional candidate Mark Pocan (D) wins election.
- Openly gay Pennsylvania Congressional candidate Brian Sims (D) wins election.
- Openly gay & black Georgia House Representative Simone Bell (D) wins reelection.
- First openly gay North Dakota Congressional candidate Josh Boschee (D) wins election.
- Openly gay Ohio Congressional candidate Tim Brown (R) wins election.
- First openly gay West Virginia Congressional candidate Stephen Skinner (D) wins election.
- Youngest openly gay Maine Congressional candidate Justin Chenette (D) wins election.
P.S. Thank goodness it's all over!!
Standing up (OK, sitting down) for our rights!